Monday, March 16, 2009

Photos from Kanaval in Jacmel



Yes, it's taken me forever to post these pictures. Sad Story: While I was taking these, the mirror came loose inside my Canon 5D so I finished taking pictures with my Ricoh GR II. The next day, my Ricoh stopped working, the lens stuck in the extended position. When I went to the States two days later, I had the Canon glued back together for $35. There is some permanent damage to the Canon - the mirror chipped a tiny bit in one corner and the chip nicked the low-pass filter in front of the sensor. So now every picture I take has a few small spots that look like dust spots. The Ricoh is still being repaired in the US, and I still need to figure out how to get it to Haiti. I use it more than with any of my other cameras. I love my Ricoh. It's terribly-built and started falling apart months after I bought it, but it's so small and light and beautiful. I really miss the little piece of trash.

6 comments:

maggie said...

that isn't the same little piece of trash we woke up early on a saturday morning to purchase from the craigslist seller in cambridge, is it? i miss you guys.

Fred and Jean said...

great photos...thanks for sharing :-) and we trust the little camera will be repaired soon and somehow return to you!

Anonymous said...

ben you truly do capture some of the best moments. i can only aspire to be as good as you. great pics
is your ricoh film?

Unknown said...

maybe you should get one of these (http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/03/snap-together-c.html). Great pics as always Ben... even with the "dust".

Ben said...

Answer to anonymous- My Ricoh is digital it's the GRII

caleb said...

dude, sick pics like always, sorry about the equipment failures, hopefully you will find a solution quickly, what about the g10?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...