Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dear God

Dear god, I'm trying hard to reach you
Dear god, I see your face in all I do
Sometimes it’s so hard to believe in
Good god I know you have your reasons

- Monsters of Folk
Several ancient spiritual traditions use prayer flags as a means of communicating with God, blessing others and blessing the earth. We have a lot on our hearts right now, so this week Ben and I made prayer flags out of scraps of fabric I had laying around.
For one set, we decorated each flag to symbolize specific prayers. The other set we left blank to represent our unvoiced prayers.

It was good for us to take the time to do this project - to give voice to the things that have been weighing on us and then to let them go...
Dear god I see you move the mountains
Dear god I see you moving trees
Sometimes it’s nothing to believe in
Sometimes it’s everything I see

- (MOF again)

4 comments:

nerkert said...

What a good thing to do! You will be regularly reminded of all of the things that you are praying for. What will you do with the flags later on?

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys are finding ways to express the concious and unconcious pain and struggles and questions you have experienced and continue to experience. It makes me cry to see this but it also makes me really happy too. Love you lots, MED

laura said...

This is very powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful idea. I like the symbolism of it ... I hope you are able to continually turn over your cares to Abba.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...