Friday, July 16, 2010

Posts We Never Posted #1

Tour de l'Artibonite
A mere three days before the earthquake, the MCC ladies rode from Mirebalais to Desarmes on a variety of bicycles (most of which were provided by Ben from the fast-breeding brood in our storage room). For a 25-mile ride, it was totally epic. I can say this: the Artibonite Valley was definitely not prepared to be stormed by six blan women on mostly crappy bikes.
On January 12th, I started writing a blogpost about the ride, intending to upload the pictures after I got home. Before I got a chance, there was an earthquake.
Pancha is leaving Haiti next week, so now of all of the strong and amazing women that I rode to Desarmes with that day, only Margot is still here. Next year's Tour will either be very small (read: two) or will have to be composed of new friends and colleagues.

2 comments:

Mme Esther said...

Or we could come visit and Esther could join the ride again!

Alexis said...

MEG&N- You know how much I would LOVE that!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...